Project Planning Manager
QUIKRETE®, the nation’s leader in the manufacture, sale and distribution of packaged cement and
concrete products is seeking a full time Capital Project Planning Manager at our corporate engineering office in
Lawrenceville, GA. The position will require developing and managing the critical path construction schedules
for all major Capital projects. The Project Planning Manager will work with purchasing, engineering, and plant
operations teams to ensure a timely completion to Capital investments. This position will involve developing a
reporting system to communicate the status of Capital investments with senior management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a project plan for all construction projects to include accurate timelines for collaboration with
- Maintain critical path project plans for all large Capital projects.
- Coordinate and input information into the system and develop and distribute project report statuses to all
cross functional departments.
- Collaborate with cross functional departments to ensure proper planning and execution of each project.
Maintain and update all project plans to ensure real time accuracy.
- Develop process improvements for all related management of construction projects.
- Communicate regularly with field leadership on project needs and status, and proactively alert leadership to
barriers or issues that will delay project timelines.
- Partner with Capital purchasing manager to develop the best system for monitoring equipment delivery
schedules with vendors.
- Execute directives and goals assigned by the Vice President of Engineering.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree in construction management, engineering or architecture is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a construction project management role (in non-team leadership capacity).
- Demonstrated experience in understanding project management principles including, but not limited to,
project stakeholder and specialist management, budgeting and managing critical path project schedules.
- Proven experience in managing developing schedules in either commercial or industrial construction projects.
- Knowledge and experience with construction plans and blueprints.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required (Microsoft Project a must).
- Good analytical skills and ability to change course as demand fluctuations arise.
- Strong communication skills and customer service ethics with plant operations personnel.
We are located at our Corporate Engineering Office in Lawrenceville, GA.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org